If you need help writing your makeup artist resume, this article is for you. A makeup artist changes the look of an individual or artist using his/her body as the medium. Makeup artist job is mostly a freelance work, but there are always some openings from big production houses or makeup agencies. There are various types of job scopes for a creative makeup artist, including bridal makeup, fashion makeup, production makeup, airbrush makeup, etc. If you’re an experienced makeup artist(or not) and looking for a new job, this makeup artist resume sample will help you write the best resume for your targeted job.
Some Tips on Writing the Perfect Makeup Artist Resume
- You should write your resume as per the type of the job; this involves different kinds of skills for fashion makeup, wedding makeup, theatrical makeup, or airbrush makeup.
- Keep in mind that your career objective should meet the objective of the employer.
- Highlight your past projects. If you’ve applied makeup on a celebrity, then mention his/her name with the production name, as this will help you stand out from the crowd.
- You’ll have an advantage if you have additional skills like hair styling, wedding makeup, airbrush makeup, etc.
An Example of Makeup Artist Resume
XX Park Avenue, Crowley, TX 76035
(000) 001-0000, email@example.com
Looking for a creative makeup artist job where I can apply my skills in makeup, color, and hair styling.
- Excellent skills in color combination and skin tone management.
- Good knowledge on current trends in cosmetics and the makeup industry.
- Firsthand experience in special effects makeup using prosthetics.
- Quick learner; can learn about a character and give the perfect look very quickly and efficiently.
- Can apply makeup as instructed by an art director.
- Experience in bridal hair and makeup.
- Good communication skills with artists, producers, and directors.
Advanced Movie Studio, Fort Worth, Texas
2012 – Present
- Study on characters to give proper looks.
- Communicate with art director.
- Sketch out the hairstyles and finalize them.
- Budget calculation and selection of color, cosmetics, and materials.
- FX makeup using prosthetics.
- Makeup as per the script.
Hair and Makeup Artist
Saturday Group Theatre, Palm Avenue, New York
2011 – 2012
- Discussed with the director to understand the characters and looks as per the situations.
- Applied makeup and cosmetics on performers.
- Performed hairstyling.
- Helped in lighting setup to achieve the best result with the makeup.
Freelance Makeup Artist
2010 – 2011
- Makeup for wedding and other special occasions.
- Makeup for stage performers.
- Basic hairstyling.
Assistant Makeup Artist
Glow Makeup Studio, 14th Street, Connecticut
2009 – 2010
- Assisted the hair and makeup artist to apply cosmetics, makeup, and wigs.
- Consulted with clients on skincare and beauty.
- Recommended and sold beauty products to models.
- Maintained the appointments and schedules of events.
Certificate in VFX Program
School of VFX Makeup, Mexico (2009)
Diploma in Professional Makeup
ABC Makeup School, NY (2008)
Original Sample of Makeup Artist CV
If you’re very passionate about make-up and nourish a dream of becoming a makeup artist then see this video bellow.