Hair stylists are found majorly in spa and beauty salons or parlors. To cut, color, and style their client’s hair, they talk to their client and strive to understand their liking. Hair stylists should verify hair pattern or type and accordingly undergo necessary procedures. The entire process includes cutting, washing, coloring, drying, and hair styling in addition to beauty services. The washing process includes conditioning and shampooing with lukewarm water. Before providing hair and beauty services, they give the client an idea about the charges, suggest suitable hairstyles, and receive payment from customers. Once the job is complete, they are expected to wash, clean, and sanitize their tools such as scissors, combs, clippers, and dryer or curling irons before applying them to the next client. Activities like keeping the place of work tidy, documenting all payment received, and reporting to the salon or spa manager are their duties. Apart from beautifying and styling both male and female clients, hairstylists commonly counsel customers about the methods of caring for their hair at home. Expert hairstylists offer lasting hair-waving services, clean and stylish hairpieces, and wigs as well.
A Few Tips for Writing a Hair Stylist Resume
- Since the basic job purpose of a hairstylist is enhancing the customer’s appearance or facial look which is much linked with their hairstyle, one should have in-depth knowledge of hair types, the trendiest fashions, and a good grasp on the procedures that make clients happy. With the growing numbers of spas, beauty salons, and fashion industry positions, as well as customers’ fondness of hair styling, the profession can give you higher prospects if you can justify your skills. Your career objective should be made keeping those points in mind.
- Apart from skills related to hairdressing, if you have ideas and knowledge on procedures like pedicures, manicures, or waxing, never forget to mention them. This is because in a number of spas or salons you can get higher access as well as preference of employer.
- Without saying, hands-on experience is the most significant factor in getting chances in medium to big salons. Therefore, you should give the complete details of your earlier and current employers and always mention the types of jobs or services you can offer.
- Provide the details of your educational/technical background as per the state’s requirement and give information on licensing.
A Sample Hairdresser Resume
Some Road, Town, State ZIP
(010) 888-8888, email@example.com
Beauty and Fashion related industries are growing fast all across the world. The quickly changing outlooks on fashion and style as well as awareness of personal care among both males and females are directly related with the growth and demand of expert and skilled laborers in this segment. With my creative mind, knowledge in hair styling, and experience, I am confident I can obtain a promising career in this field. I am sure to make my customers and employers happy and help their business grow reciprocally.
- Comprehensive knowledge on hair cutting, coloring, and styling;
- Great understanding about all related procedures;
- Knowledge of hair types and matching styles;
- Communication ability;
- Hard Working, clean, and tidy nature;
- Knowledge of hottest hairstyle fashions ;
- Customer friendly; a good listener, and a quick thinker
- Sincerity, enterprise, and honesty
- Equipped with State License
Modern Spa Inc
Washington DC, U.S.
Hairstylist (2012 – continuing)
- Understand clients’ requirements; Evaluated hair type and feasibility; Suggested different options to customers as necessary; Gave service charge ideas and arranged for the procedure;
- Underwent haircutting, washing, and coloring; worked in conjunction with assistants during hair drying and hair styling; provided hair waving, stretching, and curling processes. Met customer satisfaction levels
- Also offered services for pedicures and manicures during the seasonal and festive times.
- Counseled clients about the ways of maintaining hair health at home
- Collected payment from clients; maintained documents, and report to the department manager;
Asst. Hairstylist (2011-12)
- I was majorly responsible for assisting my senior in providing customer services related to shampooing, coloring, and fashioning client’s hair as per requirement;
- Took part in varied hair treatment procedures; assisted during the processes of hair curling and waving.
- Was responsible for keeping the workplace clean. After customer services were provided, I used to clean and sterilize the used tools like combs, hair curlers, scissors, and more;
- Reported to the shop manager
Bachelor’s degree in cosmetology program
ASJ Community College, California, the US
High school diploma
XYZ High School, Colombia, the US
Equipped with California State Licensure
Original Hair Stylist Resume Sample